Congrats to the following athletes who have qualified to participate in the Regional Powerlifting Meet!
Lady Leopards - March 2nd
Leopards - March 9th
on Twitter for video and photo highlights from all the Powerlifting Meets.
West Invitational (Saturday, Feb 16)
The Lorena Leopard and Lady Leopard Powerlifting Teams both earned 2nd Place at the West Invitational Meet on Saturday out of a pool of 15 highly competitive teams from around Central Texas! There were a total of 42 Personal Records Broken by 23 lifters from Lorena.
Kimberly Kolls 2nd
Kynlee Bartosh 5th
Rebekah Moseley 2nd
Kaci Donaldson 1st
Jesleigh Norman 5th
Taylor Kimberling 5th
Danielle Carrizales 1st
Amy Lorenz 3rd
Cameron Sams 1st
Thomas Powers 4th
Carson Ford 2nd
Cade Michna 3rd
Sterling Harris 1st
Colton Tucker 4th
Tyler Sparks 4th
Extremely Proud of these kids who represented our school and community with class and character.
Reicher (Saturday, Feb 9 - Girls Only)
This past Saturday the Lorena Lady Leopards won the 1st place team trophy at the Reicher Invitational powerlifting meet which was comprised of 16 schools from around Central Texas! Their performance included breaking 17 personal records as well as a bench press record for the Reicher Invitational.
The following were the results from the meet:
- Kaci Donaldson won 1st place, broke the state qualifying total, won the outstanding lifter award, and broke the bench press record of 180 pounds by 25 pounds lifting 205 pounds.
- Danielle Carrizales won first place and hit the state qualifying total of 900 pounds with a 375 pound squat and a 200 pound bench press.
- Rebekah Moseley won 1st place by totaling 655 pounds in her first meet of the year.
- Kimberley Kolls placed 2nd and improved her previous total by over 40 pounds.
- Ashlyn Thompson placed 5th and lifted a new personal best in the deadlift of 205 pounds.
- Madison Pierce placed 3rd and hit new personal bests in the squat and deadlift of 275
- Amy Lorenz placed 4th and hit new personal bests on the bench press with 140 pounds and deadlift with 280 pounds
- Taylor Kimberling placed 3rd and squatted 315 pounds
- Jazmyn Hooper placed 5th and improved her total by 70 pounds hitting personal bests in both the squat and deadlift.
- Giana Villanueva and Calla Cook also contributed by hitting personal bests two lifts each.
Leon Meet (Wednesday, Jan 23 - Boys Only)
1st place - 630 lb Total- Cameron Sams 114 lb class. Currently ranked 4th in the Region (Freshman)
3rd place - 660 lb Total - Caden Crenshaw 132 lb class (Junior)
3rd place - 1120 lb Total - Cade Michna 198 lb class. Currently 8th in the Region (Senior)
5th place - 920 lb Total - Jacob Turley 198 lb class. (Junior)
2nd place - 710 lb Total - Elijah Turley 242 lb class. (Freshman)
Overall this group placed 5th as a team.
The Boys Powerlifting Team won first place at the Moody Invitational on Saturday overcoming teams from 14 different schools! Three Gold Medalists included Sterling Harris, Darrian Clark, and Carson Ford. Second place was Colton Tucker. Third place was Tyler Sparks, fourth place Ethan Rodriguez, and fifth place in his respective weight class was Thomas Powers!
On the Girls Powerlifting Team there were First place finishes by Danielle Carrizales (squat 350, bench 200 and deadlift 330), and Kaci Donaldson, who not only hit the State Qualifying Total, but broke the Meet Bench Press Record of 185 lbs in her weight class by Bench Pressing 210 lbs! Taylor Kimberling placed 4th and Amy Lorenz placed 5th. Kynlee Bartosh finished 2nd in her division after deadlifting 275 lbs.
Fairfield (Thursday, Feb 21 - Boys Only)